- Larger than the original OF660, allowing for bigger volume and richer tone
- Patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds.
- Fully carbon fiber build.
- Packs into an included ballistic nylon case measuring in at 22 x 14.5 x 9″. Included laptop compartment and gear/clothes storage makes it perfect for airline travel!
- Wedge body design gives lower bout deeper depth than a dreadnought guitar, allowing the smaller body size to deliver huge volume and booming bass
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately & beautifully amplifies the guitar
FULL PRESS RELEASE:
Austin, TX – Journey Instruments, the creator of the Overhead® series of collapsible travel guitars, introduces a new First Class Carbon Fiber model to its line of full-sounding collapsible travel guitars designed to meet airlines’ carry-on luggage size and weight requirements.
The FF660M First Class Carbon Fiber Acoustic
Whether a frequent-flier business professional, or a traveling artist, now the hassle of traveling with a great sounding guitar on an airplane is completely eliminated. The TSA-approved travel case safely encloses the guitar within a 22” x 14.5” x 9” backpack/roller bag with ergonomically designed pockets for laptops, tablet computers, pedals, cables, accessories, and clothing. Practically everything needed for a business trip or live performance can fit within the overhead bin requirements. No more anxiety about checking-in, carry-on, extra luggage costs, or lost and damaged checked instruments.
Also referred to as the ‘Ultimate, Indestructible Travel Guitar’, the carbon fiber Overhead is now the choice of many who play an acoustic instrument & travel due to it’s incredible strength, resilience to the elements (heat, humidity & pressure) as well as it’s ability to carry a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. Carbon Fiber guitars have existed for many years, but never has there been one that sounds so good, yet features a patented collapsible neck system to fit within a backpack with room for gear for stress-free travel whether it be on a backpacking trip, motorcycle ride, boat outing or a flight.
The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer wedge and a Scoopaway™ (scooped-cutaway), which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. The First Class Carbon Fiber features numerous ergonomic design enhancements including a back rib bevel, an armrest bevel, and a thin profile neck.
Features of the First Class Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar include:
- Patented removable neck
- Extra deep Manzer wedge design
- Under-bridge transducer pickup
- Unidirectional carbon fiber radiused soundboard
- Beveled back rib-rest and Soundboard arm-rest
- Scoopaway™ cutaway with access to all 20 frets
- Offset sound-hold and radiused soundboard
- 24.5” scale, 1 3/4” nut width, 2 ¼ saddle width
- Journey 18:1 locking tuners
- Premium-grade bone nut & saddle with ebony bridge pins
- Premium travel backpack with TSA compliant laptop/tablet compartment
- MAP: $1799 w/travel bag. Available direct or through authorized dealers
About Journey Instruments
Life is a journey, and so is your music. At least, that’s what we believe at Journey Instruments. We’re passionate about bringing on-the-go musicians quality instruments and accessories that take the stress and trouble out of traveling. We know first hand that smooth and stress-free travel makes for the best musical journey – whether on the stage, in a garage, on the road, or around a campfire.
Journey Instruments 512-689-9007 www.JourneyInstruments.com