Passive Soundhole Volume Wheel-EPA01
Passive volume wheel add-on for all upgradable JourneyTek passive pickups. This volume wheel installs within seconds to most of our upgradable JourneyTek passive piezo pickup units. It’s maintenance free, passive, and super easy to install.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE AN UPGRADABLE EP001K OR HAVE AN UPGRADEABLE JOURNEYTEK PICKUP ALREADY INSTALLED TO USE THIS VOLUME WHEEL. If you have an older model pickup, you’ll need to purchase a newer EP001K and install it to upgrade. Click HERE to learn how to tell if your existing pickup is upgradeable.
An easy to install add-on module for all newer passive pickups sold by Journey Instruments (EPOO1K, EPOO2K, EPOO3K & EP004K). You must have the latest pickup with the 2.5mm jack (see step 1) in order to utilize the volume control knob.
Quick Installation Instructions:
(After loosening your strings on a fixed neck guitar, or removing the neck of your collapsible guitar)
1. Remove the 2.5mm male connector from the piezo elements from the instrument’s output jack.
2. Insert the 2.5mm male connector into the female receiving socket on the side of the EPA01 passive volume wheel.
3. Position the EPA01 passive volume wheel around your instrument’s soundhole so that the connectors do not press or bend against the bracing.
4. Insert the 2.5mm male connector at the end of the wire coming from the EPA01 passive volume wheel into the female receiving socket on the back of the output jack connector.
5. Plug the guitar into an amp, turn the amp on, then test the signal to the amplifier. You can do this by tapping on the soundboard and turning the wheel to adjust the volume. Unplug the cable and turn off the amp when done.
6. Remove the adhesive and adhere the EPA01 passive volume wheel at the tested location. Secure the loose wire to the side of the guitar. (on the same side you installed the volume wheel)
7. Re-attach the neck or tighten your strings and enjoy your maintenance-free passive volume control.
|Dimensions||2 × 1 × 1 in|
Wanna see some other great sellers?
(FOR TRADITIONAL ROUND SOUND HOLE GUITARS ) Our premium active dual-source pickup module made for guitars with traditional sound holes with a radius of 9 to 11 cm. When installed with an upgradable passive piezo JourneyTek™ pickup, this 9v battery powered pickup system delivers spectacular acoustic sound with robust tonal control – and it features discrete sound hole controls so it requires no modification to your instrument (with exception of drilling an endpin hole for the pickup jack).
IMPORTANT: To use this pickup, you must have an upgradeable passive pickup module as well. EP-001 (3-Piezo Steel String Pickup), EP-004(4-Piezo Classical Pickup), or EP002K (2-Piezo Bass Pickup). This module may also be used to upgrade existing Journey Instruments Guitars and Bases that have the upgradeable passive piezo system already installed.
Here are some great related products to consider.
(FOR OF660 & RT660 OFFSET SOUND HOLE GUITARS) Our premium active dual-source pickup module made for our OF660 and RT660 carbon fiber guitars. When installed with an upgradable passive piezo JourneyTek™ pickup, this 9v battery powered dual-source pickup system delivers spectacular acoustic sound with robust tonal control – and it features discrete sound hole controls so it requires no modification to your instrument (with exception of drilling an endpin hole for the pickup jack).
IMPORTANT: To use this pickup, you must have an upgradeable passive pickup installed as well. EP-001 (3-Piezo Steel String Pickup). This module is only for carbon fibre Overhead and RoadTrip Journey Instruments Guitars that have the upgradeable passive piezo system already installed.
Take your favorite guitar tones with you wherever you go with the Passport, a premium guitar headphone amp from Journey Instruments. 10 classic preamps, 6 fully customizable effects, an IR cabinet sim, and a powerful recording tool — all in the palm of your hand.
*if you ordering outside the USA, we recommend you reach out to an official reseller in your country or region. This will save you a lot in shipping and taxes.
This HDPE foam soundhole cover fits the current version of the OF660 soundhole and is useful for dealing with feedback in certain amplification settings. The lower part of the cover insert is recessed to accommodate the soundhole controls on our EPS001-15K dual source pickup system as well.
Note: This soundhole cover does not fit the sound holes of the first generation OF660, which was located closer toward the waist of the guitar. If your OF660 soundhole looks like the one in the picture here, this is the one you want.