Solid Sitka / Pau Ferro GA Cutaway- FF422C
The FF422C FirstClass Overhead is a collapsible full-sized Grand Auditorium guitar that features a solid sitka top with solid pau ferro back. It collapses to carry-on roller case that’s 22*16*9.5 inches, and assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 25.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width , best-in-class components, and a Manzer wedge ergonomic design give this collapsible GA amazing playability, and astounding bass and volume! Comes with our proprietary passive tri-piezo pickup system.
Designed for Travel
- The Overhead First Class Grand Auditorium travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. [View Overhead Youtube Video]
- After packing in its travel backpack/roller bag the Overhead First Class travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in larger overhead bin compartments such as those on Boeing 737, 747, Airbus A320 etc..
- Travel case is made of 1680D nylon and includes a pull handle and wheels, a laptop compartment, a large accessory pouch, and a divided clothing/document pocket to carry clothing or performance gear.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Ginormous Volume in a GA Body
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the GA body size to deliver volume and bass surpassing that of a standard GA guitar.
- Bone nut, carbon fiber neck reinforcement, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Traditional sound-hole design with forward-shifted, tapered and scalloped X-bracing maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard.
Comfortable to Play
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The armrest bevel makes this guitar super comfy to play without arm fatigue.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 25.5 inch scale super-comfortable to play.
Proprietary Body Design:
Full Sized Grand Auditorium Body
Center sound hole with MOP & Sapele rosette
Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Hand-selected Premium Solid Sitka Spruce
Back and Sides:
Premium Solid Pau Ferro Back, Engineered Pau Ferro Sides
Forward-shifted tapered and scalloped X-bracing
Compound block for reduced weight and strengthened latch support
Binding and Markings:
MOP logo and position markings
25.5 in (647.7 mm)
Satin on soundboard, back, and sides
Ovangkol, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
Included JourneyTek™ under-bridge passive 3-piezo transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Solid African Mahogany
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
14 Frets to body
19 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Ovangkol
Medium brass fret wire
2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
Compensated bone saddle
Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 5.4 lbs (2.44kg)
Weight With Case: 9.4 lbs (4.26kg)
Maximum depth: 5 in (12.7 cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.55 in (9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (50 cm)
Assembled Total Length: 39 in (99 cm)
Lower Bout Width: 16 in (41 cm)
Travel Backpack Specifications
Overnight Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 15-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
External topside pocket for additional accessories
Zippered Computer Compartment
Large front divided compartment for clothes or gear
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: (unpacked) L*W*H: 22*16.5*9 in ( 55.9*41.9* 22.9 cm)
* will expand to 10 inches (25.4cm) thick if packed fully
UPC: 643485844082 (FF422C)
Thomas Leeb Plays Desert Pirate on First Class
Ian James Artist intro and Demo of First Class Collapsible Travel Guitar
Classical Guitar Magazine
As the recent Summer NAMM 2016 in Nashville, Tennessee, there were, as usual, a number of classical-guitar makers showing their wares. One that caught our eye is this collapsible travel guitar, which can fit into a standard carry-on suitcase. Besides being convenient for travel, the OC520 guitar from Journey Instruments also boasts a cedar top, laminate rosewood back and sides, and a piezo passive pickup. In this video we shot in Nashville, Journey Instruments’ Ryan Creager shows off the instrument and demonstrates the detachable neck
- Add to cart$599.99
The OF410 Overhead® collapsible acoustic travel guitar features a solid sitka top with layered African mahogany sides/back and collapses to carry-on size of 22*14*9 inches! It assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width best-in-class components, and a wedged ergonomic design make this the most enjoyable guitar you’ll ever play! Tri-piezo pickup and a full-featured TSA compliant carry-on backpack included.
- Add to cart$719.99
The FP412 FirstClass Parlor Overhead is a collapsible traditional Parlor travel guitar that features a solid sitka top with solid African Mahogany back. It collapses to carry-on roller case that’s 22*14.5*9 inches, and assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width, best-in-class components, and a Manzer wedge ergonomic design give this collapsible Parlor amazing playability, and astounding bass and volume! Comes with our proprietary passive tri-piezo pickup system.
- Read more$999.99
The First Class-ical FC522 is an amazing collapsible performance-ready classical travel guitar with solid cedar top and solid pao ferro back with full gloss finish on body, and satin finish for the neck. It’s super ergonomic with a robust Manzer© wedge and traditional Torres sized body. With a standard 52mm nut and 650mm scale, the traditional Torres shape and bracing make this guitar sound a rich and full as a performance grade classical guitar at more than twice this price.! Barre chords are easy, and the body shape makes for hours of playing without shoulder fatigue. It collapses to carry-on dims of 22*14.8*9 inches in our roller carry-on case with retractable aluminum handle – which has more than enough room for all your gear. Premium appointments make this guitar a gem for classical guitarists who need a ultra-portable quality sounding classical guitar that is stage ready and plays like a dream!
The FF412 FirstClass Overhead is a collapsible full-sized Grand Auditorium guitar that features a solid sitka top with solid African mahogany back. It collapses to carry-on roller case that’s 22*16*9.5 inches, and assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 25.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width , best-in-class components, and a Manzer wedge ergonomic design give this collapsible GA amazing playability, and astounding bass and volume! Comes with our proprietary passive tri-piezo pickup system.