Solid Sitka / Sapele Parlor Burst- FP412B
The FP412B FirstClass Burst Parlor Overhead is a collapsible traditional Parlor guitar that features a solid sitka top with solid pau ferro back. It collapses to carry-on roller case that’s 22*14.5*9 inches, and assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width, best-in-class components, and a Manzer wedge ergonomic design give this collapsible Parlor amazing playability, and astounding bass and volume! Comes with our proprietary passive tri-piezo pickup system.
Designed for Travel
- The Overhead First Class Parlor travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. [View Overhead Youtube Video]
- After packing in its travel backpack/roller bag the Overhead First Class travel guitar can be carried-on to almost all airlines, easily fitting in most overhead compartments – measuring in at 22*14.5*9 inches!
- Travel case is made of 1680D nylon and includes a pull handle and wheels, a laptop compartment, a large accessory pouch, and a divided clothing/document pocket to carry clothing or performance gear.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Amazing Volume in a Parlor Body
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the Parlor body size to deliver volume and bass surpassing that of a standard Parlor guitar.
- Bone nut, carbon fiber neck reinforcement, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Traditional sound-hole design with forward-shifted, tapered and scalloped X-bracing maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard.
Comfortable to Play
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The arm rest bevel makes this guitar super comfy to play without arm fatigue.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 24.5 inch scale super-comfortable to play.
Proprietary Body Design:
Traditional Parlor Body
Center sound hole with Sapele rosette
Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Hand-selected Premium Solid Sitka Spruce Burst Finish
Back and Sides:
Premium Solid Sapele Back, Engineered Sapele Sides
Forward-shifted tapered and scalloped X-bracing
Compound block for reduced weight and strengthened latch support
Binding and Markings:
Stylized MOP logo and position markings
Curly Maple binding
24.5 in (622.3 mm)
Burst Gloss Top on soundboard, Satin on back and sides
Ovangkol, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 precision mini gold tuners
Our included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Solid African Mahogany
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
12 Frets to body
18 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Ovangkol
Medium brass fret wire
2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
Compensated bone saddle
Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 5.4 lbs (2.44kg)
Weight With Case: 7.4 lbs (4.26kg)
Maximum depth: 5 in (12.7 cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.55 in (9 cm)
Body Length: 19 in (48.2 cm)
Assembled Total Length: 39 in (99 cm)
Lower Bout Width: 13.9 in (35.3 cm)
Travel Backpack Specifications
Overnight Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
External topside pocket for additional accessories
Zippered Computer Compartment
Large front divided compartment for clothes or gear
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: (unpacked) L*W*H: 22*14.5*9 in ( 55.9*36.8* 22.9 cm)
* will expand to 10 inches (25.4cm) thick if packed fully
UPC: 643485844167 (FP412B)
Thomas Leeb Plays Desert Pirate on First Class
Ian James Artist intro and Demo of First Class Collapsible Travel Guitar
Classical Guitar Magazine
As the recent Summer NAMM 2016 in Nashville, Tennessee, there were, as usual, a number of classical-guitar makers showing their wares. One that caught our eye is this collapsible travel guitar, which can fit into a standard carry-on suitcase. Besides being convenient for travel, the OC520 guitar from Journey Instruments also boasts a cedar top, laminate rosewood back and sides, and a piezo passive pickup. In this video we shot in Nashville, Journey Instruments’ Ryan Creager shows off the instrument and demonstrates the detachable neck
The Overhead OC520 is an amazing collapsible travel guitar with solid cedar top and pao ferro layered back and sides, and features a sound port in the upper bout. It’s super ergonomic with the thicker Manzer© wedge and a smaller parlor sized body. The standard 52mm nut and 650mm scale, the Torres bracing, and a sound port make this guitar sound almost as loud as a standard classical guitar! Barre chords are easy, and the body shape makes for hours of playing without shoulder fatigue. It collapses to carry-on dims in our patented bag that has more than enough room for all your gear with amazing protection. Premium appointments make this guitar a great for classical guitarists who need a ultra-portable classical guitar that sounds and feels great to play!
The FP412 FirstClass Parlor Overhead is a collapsible traditional Parlor guitar that features a solid sitka top with solid pau ferro back. It collapses to carry-on roller case that’s 22*14.5*9 inches, and assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width, best-in-class components, and a Manzer wedge ergonomic design give this collapsible Parlor amazing playability, and astounding bass and volume! Comes with our proprietary passive tri-piezo pickup system.
The RoadTrip Carbon RT660B1M is a killer touring guitar with a removable bolt-on neck and all carbon structure with premium components. The asymmetrical larger Manzer Wedge ™ design on a smaller 36” body along with a 24.5 inch scale & our patented soundboard give this smaller guitar a huge tone with deep bass. Barre chords are a cinch to play and it’s lightweight asymmetrical design with armwrest, rib bevels and scoop away make this the most comfortable guitar you’ll play with great access to upper frets! Comes with our transparent passive pickup and patented bag design has more than enough room for all your gear with amazing protection. This guitar is ideal for guitarists looking for a comfortable easy-playing guitar, or those looking to minimize stress on their shoulders and joints.
The OF420B Overhead features a solid sitka burst top with layerd pau ferro sides/back and collapses to carry-on size of 22*14*9 inches! It assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width , best-in-class components, and a wedged ergonomic design make this the most enjoyable guitar you’ll ever play! Tri-piezo pickup and a full-featured TSA compliant carry-on backpack included.