JourneyTek Classical Passive 4-piezo Pickup EP004K
An upgradeable, clear transparent passive 4-piezo pickup for classical guitars. Requires no batteries.
Journey Instruments Pickups
The EP-004K Passive piezo pickup is an elegant pickup solution for transparent tone to amplify the natural sound of your acoustic guitar. Installation requires no modification to your guitar apart from drilling the endpin jack hole and gluing the elements to the bridge plate. This new model can be upgraded without the use of tools to our new active stereo pickup that features a goosneck microphone and these discrete soundhole controls: Master Volume, Balance, Bass, Treble, Phase.
General Specs and Details:
- 3 balanced German-made ceramic piezo elements – 20mm diameter
- no batteries needed
- length of wire from peizo element to pickup jack: 22cm
- frequency response 22Hz-18kHz
- EADGBE guitar frequency range is E2 (82 Hz) to F6 (1,397 Hz)
- Installation Guide Here: https://journeyinstruments.com/pickup-installation/
- NOTE: As this is an endpin jack, you may consider buying our Journey Guitar Strap which is slit to fit this endpin. Otherwise, you may need to enlarge the hole for your strap.
- THIS IS RECOMMENDED FOR CLASSICAL GUITARS OR GUITARS WITH A CENTER BRACE. If you have a 6 string guitar that does not have a center brace, we recommend the EP001K as it’s easier to position the piezo elements, and the additional sensitivity from the extra piezo on this model is minor. If you’re determined to use the 4 piezo model on your guitar with no center brace, however, we recommend positioning the piezos equidistant along the bridgeplate under the saddle so that on the 1st and 6th strings the piezo element extends about 4 mm beyond the center of the strings. If this extends beyond the bridgeplate or you don’t have room, you can simply line them up as evenly as possible on the bridge plate so that they fit. You can allow for a maximum of 3 mm overhang if your bridgeplate doesn’t have enough room. It’s impossible for us to give precise positions on this because there are so many variations on bridge plate sizes and string spacing.
- UPC 643485844334
Great Review from Garage Band and Beyond:
Wanna see some other great sellers?
(FOR TRADITIONAL ROUND SOUND HOLE GUITARS ) Our premium active dual-source pickup module made for guitars with traditional sound holes with a diameter of 9 to 11 cm. When installed with an upgradable passive piezo JourneyTek™ pickup, this 9v battery powered pickup system delivers spectacular acoustic sound with robust tonal control – and it features discrete sound hole controls so it requires no modification to your instrument (with exception of drilling an endpin hole for the pickup jack).
IMPORTANT: To use this pickup, you must have an upgradeable passive pickup module as well. EP-001 (3-Piezo Steel String Pickup), EP-004(4-Piezo Classical Pickup), or EP002K (2-Piezo Bass Pickup). This module may also be used to upgrade existing Journey Instruments Guitars and Bases that have the upgradeable passive piezo system already installed.
Here are some great related products to consider.
Passive volume wheel add-on for all upgradable JourneyTek passive pickups. This volume wheel installs within seconds to most of our upgradable JourneyTek passive piezo pickup units. It’s maintenance free, passive, and super easy to install.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE AN UPGRADABLE EP001K OR HAVE AN UPGRADEABLE JOURNEYTEK PICKUP ALREADY INSTALLED TO USE THIS VOLUME WHEEL. If you have an older model pickup, you’ll need to purchase a newer EP001K and install it to upgrade. Click HERE to learn how to tell if your existing pickup is upgradeable.
(FOR OF660 & RT660 OFFSET SOUND HOLE GUITARS) Our premium active dual-source pickup module made for our OF660 and RT660 carbon fiber guitars. When installed with an upgradable passive piezo JourneyTek™ pickup, this 9v battery powered dual-source pickup system delivers spectacular acoustic sound with robust tonal control – and it features discrete sound hole controls so it requires no modification to your instrument (with exception of drilling an endpin hole for the pickup jack).
IMPORTANT: To use this pickup, you must have an upgradeable passive pickup installed as well. EP-001 (3-Piezo Steel String Pickup). This module is only for carbon fibre Overhead and RoadTrip Journey Instruments Guitars that have the upgradeable passive piezo system already installed.